Breadcrumbs buld automatically

Hi,

Can I ask You to help me how to make a proper breadcrumbs? How can I get all parents pages for a certain page? So like that I could build breadcrumbs automatically?

Thank you,
Zs

Question is what are you use for navigation? StaticPages menu have breadcrumbs native, if using Tailor structure use macro tag recursively.

Yes, I would like to use for navigation.
I could not find in StaticPages documentation about the breadcrumbs.
Do you have documentation or example code?

Kind regards,
Zs

if you have StaticPages installed, you have the breadcrumbs component available, just insert it into the page and it will generate a path according to your content in staticPages

Hi there,

{{ this.param.slug }} may be useful there! This value used on http://localhost:8000/home/some/more/testing will return home/some/more/testing string.
Then you can use | split method split - Documentation - Twig - The flexible, fast, and secure PHP template engine
{% set breadcrumbs = this.param.slug | split(‘/’) %} will give you an array [‘home’,‘some’,‘more’,‘testing’]
In order to display the names

{% for breadcrumb in breadcrumbs %}
    <a href="">{{ breadcrumb }}</a>
{% endfor %}

I feel like I’m overcomplicating the actual href - feel free to simplify! The full example below:

{% set breadcrumbs = this.param.slug | split('/') %}
{% for breadcrumb in breadcrumbs %}
{% set continue = true %}
    <a href="/{% for bread in breadcrumbs %}{% if continue %}{{ bread }}/{% if bread == breadcrumb %}{% set continue = false %}{% endif %}{% endif %}{% endfor %}">{{ breadcrumb }}</a>
{% endfor %}

That’s how the resulting html looks like:

Hope that helps! Should work on any page no matter if it’s built using StaticPages, hard-coded, or using custom tailor page builder!

3 Likes