Create an admin dashboard with OctoberCMS?

Hi there,

I wonder if it’s possible to create with OctoberCMS an admin dashboard to manage several correlated models. Similar to what Motor Admin can accomplish out of the box ( https://www.getmotoradmin.com/ ) but it falls short in terms of customizability. I believe OctoberCMS is the perfect balance between out of the box features and customizability to extend certain things.

But I’m asking since I’d like to know if someone has had the experience of using OctoberCMS as an internal tool; or you’d suggest to use it only as a website CMS.

Kind regards…

Hi @danfelbm,

I’ve built a fully functional internal employee portal using OctoberCMS, including a CRM, mass mailing module, expense tracker, time tracker—you name it.

OctoberCMS is definitely flexible and customizable enough for creating robust internal tools!

Kind regards…

Octobercms is very flexible and versatile in terms of developing. The documentation is enough for almost every case. the community here is amazing in helping.

It can handle your use case very well. had developed a similar handler portal last year which CRM, product inquiries, internal product ordering and much more.

Good Luck

2 Likes

Hi @danfelbm ,

I think you should wait a bit cause OctoberCMS will release new feature called Dashboards, that lets you create multiple dashboards and it will be fully customizable :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi danfelbm,
we use OCMS mainly for custom admin panels (custom CRMs and ERPs). It’s perfect choice for this kind of use. You can disable CMS module in .env file’s LOAD_MODULES.

2 Likes