Empty Backend Page

Hi,

got a short question since I’m kinda lost here: I would need to implement some legacy code from an older version of my website and therefor I would need two things:

1. A custom backend page which does not show a list, but just a empty page where I can create my own code. I thought I once found a tutorial about this but I cant find it anymore. Maybe I search wrong…

2. An area for the frontend which is not controlled by the October URLs. Just a folder which can be called directly via url.de/folder/myfile.php

Hints in the right direction would be great cause I cant find a good point to start here.

Thanks ^^

Hey @LordRazen

1. Can be solved by creating a simple backend controller that does not implement behaviors: Controllers - October CMS - 3.x

2. October blocks all routes to PHP files by default, for security reasons. If you are using Apache, you can override the settings. So inside folder/ create a .htaccess file with this inside

Allow from all

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

For 2), this solution didnt work. I had a look at the main htaccess file and added this code to the “allowed folders” ruleset:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/csv/.*
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/scripts/.*

It allows the access to other files in the folders but still not the php files.

Any idea why the first approach didnt work?

Found the solution:

I explicitly allowed to access one php file which is not named “index.php” in the .htaccess of my subfolder:

Allow from all
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /scripts/api.php$
RewriteRule ^ - [L]

Maybe this is helpful for somebody else :wink:

1 Like