Front end forms to create, update, delete info (only registered users)

Hi, several clients have asked for the following feature: They want that a user can be registered in the frontend and manage info (front end forms tu create/update/delete). For example, an ads page where you can register and create and edit your ads that will be posted on the site. But they want that “admin panel” to be in the frontend… I mean not the OC backend. Is there a way to port the OC fields and form widgets to the frontend of the site?

I’m 100% sure that there is. I’ve done it before similarly with this site

You can look at the methods in the user component and create your own methods to edit the user stuff in the back end from the front end

You can either do this on the page in the PHP section of the template or you can create functions in a plug-in to do everything you need to do.

You may need to extend the user plugin to have your own fields. You can learn how to do that by looking at the user plus plugin on the marketplace. I have some really good examples on how to extend the fields via yaml files.

1 Like

Thanks!. I’ll take a look at it. But I’d like to use the same form widgets, like the repeater and the fileupload in multiple mode. Not a dedicated interface, but the same one like in the backend.

On the other hand, I’d really like to see those examples of extending the fields via yaml files!

Check it here: User Plus+ plugin - October CMS

More specifically, this code:

There’s another function called extendUsersController() that you’ll want to check out below that.

as far as using formwidgets on the frontend, not sure if it would help, but this has been on the old forum for a while now:

https://octobercms.com/forum/post/using-backend-forms-in-frontend

1 Like