Help with changes

Good morning, community! I’m new to using October, I started working in a company and they asked me to do a small edit on their web, but I’m not familiar with this platform (like, at all). What they ask is to change the order of the elements that are listed here. They gave me access to the server, but I’m waiting for the backend access details to be sent to me, so I couldn’t see it yet.
What is the cleanest way to do that modification? I have seen that in \themes\ ***** \partials\cloud-tools, there is a .htm file that contains all the text, but modifying it didn’t help. Although the text changed its place, the font and the images were super large and the margins moved, I don’t know the reason. Maybe the modifications have to be made from php? I come from other CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, etc) and I don’t quite understand how October works.

I would really appreciate any information on how to do these type of modifications. Thank you very much and have a great weekend, everyone!

Just one thought, because you did not see any changes:
maybe there is some sort of caching active.
you could delete caches with php artisan cache:clear and see if it helps.

basically you are correct about the process. if you want template changes (change order of list), you need to modify .htm files.

2 Likes

if the list content is hardcoded in the .htm, then you are right about modifying the file directly.
My guess is that you might have messed up the validity of the HTML after modifying the text.

2 Likes

@alexwenzel @chris thank you so much for your replies. I have no idea what happened, I tried to edit the html file again and this time it worked like a charm. I didn’t have to clear the cache or anything like that… Thanks for your support and help, kind regards!

2 Likes