How to use the ftp driver for filesystems?

In the config it is written that ftp is supported, but how do I use it, I have not found. Can you tell me how to use it?

Hi @shpl

The FTP driver in Laravel allows you to interact with a remote file system using the FTP protocol. Here’s how you can use it. In your config/filesystems.php file, add the following code to the disks array:

'ftp' => [
    'driver' => 'ftp',
    'host' => 'ftp.example.com',
    'username' => 'your-ftp-username',
    'password' => 'your-ftp-password',

// Optional FTP settings...
    // 'port' => 21,
    // 'root' => '',
    // 'passive' => true,
    // 'ssl' => true,
    // 'timeout' => 30,
],

In your code, you can now use the Storage facade to interact with the remote file system. For example, you can use the put() method to upload a file:

Storage::disk('ftp')->put('path/to/file.txt', 'File contents');

You can also use other methods provided by the Storage facade, such as delete() , exists() , copy() , and more. Note that the FTP driver supports only a subset of the features supported by the local and other drivers, so make sure to consult the Flysystem documentation for more information on what’s possible.

1 Like

@daft Thanks for the answer, but I was wondering how to use the ftp driver in the media/uploads drive into OC v3. Like this? :

'media' => [
    'disk'   => 'ftp',
],

The upgrade guide covers this. Here’s the link: Release Note 32: October CMS 3.1 - Stable Release - October CMS

To use the FTP driver for filesystems, you’ll need to follow these general steps:

1. Install the FTP driver: First, you’ll need to install the FTP driver, which allows your system to interact with FTP servers as if they were local file systems. This can typically be done through your system’s package manager or by downloading the driver from the provider’s website.
  2. Configure the FTP driver: Next, you’ll need to configure the FTP driver to connect to the appropriate server and authenticate with the appropriate credentials. This usually involves providing the FTP server’s hostname, username, password, and port number.
  3. Mount the FTP file system: Once the driver is installed and configured, you can mount the FTP file system to a directory on your local file system. This allows you to browse and manipulate files on the FTP server just as you would with local files.

The exact steps for installing, configuring, and mounting the FTP file system will depend on your operating system and the specific FTP driver you’re using. However, most systems provide detailed documentation or user guides that can walk you through the process. Additionally, online resources such as forums or blogs can often provide additional guidance or troubleshooting tips.