Issue concerning image order when saving backend forms

Hello, I’ve ran into a peculiar issue recently.

When someone drag and drop multiple images in a fileUpload field, the images appear in a certain order in the fileUpload box/section, but when we save the backend form, the order of these images are changed (no longer how they first appeared).

It’s a problem for us because we need the order to stay the way it was arranged in the form.

Does anybody know why this happens? is there a fix or is there a way to reorder manually before save?

bellow is an image illustrating my problem:

1 Like

Hi @David

Thanks for your post. To confirm is this using October v2 or v3?

Hello, thanks for the answer!

We’re using version 2 for the moment since we need to modify a couple of things before making the switch to the new version.

No worries. This has indeed been fixed in v3 and should be resolved after upgrading.

1 Like

I have same issue on V2, but now cant upgrade to v3. Can you please advise me how to fix it manually? Thank you

@romanseki

Unfortunately the fix is not compatible with v2 since it required a refactor of the internals. It seems to be an intermittent problem when sorting occurs too quickly, as a workaround, perform one slow sort movement at the very end to lock in the order of everything. Hopefully it helps in the meantime.