Live Preview Content Editor

Hello octobercms community,

i want to ask everybody here about a feature, that I would like to see in octobercms or at least it would be for me a great addition.

I want to ask for your opinion about a feature like “live preview content editing” like in CraftCMS or in expression engine. I think it would be a great thing that a content creator can see in real time content editing. I know there is the boxes plugin, but this seems to me not the same like the “live preview content editing” with real time site reload.

What is your opinion about this feature? (I have already posted this request to the portal)

Thank you!

We have actually developed something like this internally as an extension for a repeater form widget. We may at some point release it as a plugin.

1 Like

Great to hear. Can may share some screenshots of you custom plugin?

It would be really great, if you will release the plugin on marketplace! Do you consider to make it a paid plugin?

Hi @MateThemes

We are happy to confirm that we’ve included hot reloading / live previewing to Tailor entries in v3.5.5. It should be available in about a week or so.

Now, when you click the Preview button, a new window opens, and this window will automatically refresh when the Tailor form is saved. It works great putting two browsers side-by-side to make changes and see them immediately.

Hopefully it helps with this scenario.

Hello, @daft

please tell me, October support semver specification? It’s just that in this case you should up the minor (new feature), not the patch.

Yes and no. This change is just a few lines of JavaScript with low risk profile.

I have updated to 3.5.5 but I do not have Preview button above Editor in case of Tailor blueprint files (like in case of CMS pages).
Do you know what could be the problem?

The button only appears when it finds a CMS page using the relevant section component.

Aaah, ok, I misunderstood it a little bit :slight_smile: I thought that Preview is available for Tailor Blueprints in Editor to see how the CRUD will look in the Backend (before migration), but it is clear now that Preview is available for the content record itself. Thanks for help!