Media manager random inserting multiple images in editor

When selecting and inserting multiple images from the library the editor puts them in random order messing up the editing process.

When inserted

The expected outcome would be

The problem persists when trying to insert another set of images

The outcome:

Anyone knows hot to fix this the client’s wasting a lot of time having to reorganize this mess.

Hi @adamo

Tested this with OC v3.3.14, I couldn’t reproduce it, however, did notice that the images were inserted in reverse order. Yours appear to be inserting in random order.

Is there a trick to this? I am inserting images using the Rich Editor with Media Manager.

No trick, just standard select from media manager and insert. I’ve tested it in different scenarios, my own plugin, and the pages plugins, different browsers and projects selecting the same images here are the outcomes:

Firefox

Chrome

second insert

Edge

I tested it, insert in my Rich Editor from media library in order 11,12,1 and were inserted by

.../storage/app/media/download-12.jpg
.../storage/app/media/download-1.jpg
.../storage/app/media/download-11.jpg

then second action i do in order 13,14,15

.../storage/app/media/download-13.jpg
.../storage/app/media/download-15.jpg
.../storage/app/media/download-14.jpg

Hi. Did the latest update fixed the issue? In my case it’s still there. Tested it in pages plugin and a form field type richeditor

@daft can you pint me where to look so I can inspect the problem myself and if I find anything update you then?

i tried something like u…
in my case… i renamed images 01 … 05.
selecting images 01 … 03 … 05 … inserted in this order
then i created a multiple selection dragging and selecting with mouse from bottom to up, then order may be 05 to 01 … but, order was (for me random) 03,01,04,05,02…
then i selecting multiple using shift… in order 05,03,04,02,01 but… order in editor was 03,01,02,04,05. …

for debugging / Oc 3.3.17

Thanks @snipi. This is helpful since I was indeed selecting them one by one, and they are inserted in the correct order. We will need to compare it with dragging and selecting, which may produce different results.