Tailor and Partials

So there is a partial field available for Tailor but I can’t seem to find any documentation on where the look up is. I have tried to make a partial _example_.htm in the CMS area but that doesn’t work. I have tried adding a _example.php in the bluepring folder but that doesn’t seem to work either. I have scoured the documentation and can’t find a single example on how to use the partial field with tailor.

this is your solution, you need create plugin with partial views

@mcore I appreciate your response. Personally if I was going to register a plugin I wouldn’t use tailor at all for this use case and just build a plugin. I have used partials with plugins with OctoberCMS 1x and 2x; it doesn’t bother me.

I was hoping there was a more streamlined answer that fits how streamlined tailor is.

You can create partial in app directory as in any plugin

@ksv I don’t know what you mean. Can you elaborate? When I go to the app directory it contains the blueprints folder. I created a _partial.php and created some text to echo out. Then went into the blueprint and created a partial field with path: partial. It comes back with: "The partial '_partial' is not found." on line 97 of /home4/bpettis/public_html/modules/system/traits/ViewMaker.php

We’ve added this to the docs to clear this up:

You may also place a partial in the app directory, for example, app/views/formfields/content.php.

content:
    type: partial
    path: app::formfields.content
3 Likes