Update Failed Errors

I’m trying to update October from 3.2.7 to 3.5.14
I’m getting 2 errors:

1. Update Failed
    file_put_contents(./composer.lock): Failed to open stream: Permission denied

2. Update Failed
    Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 655360 bytes)

Anyone know what this is? Really not finding useful solutions.
Thanks!

For number one, it looks like your permissions on the server is blocked for that file in particular. I would check the docs to see if you have the right permissions for the folder

As for the memory issue, check your php.ini file to see if the memory is limited. The value that you’re looking for is memory_limit. Set it to a respectable amount.

1 Like

@artistro08 is correct, jumping from 3.2.7 to latest will use a decent amount of memory. Ideally run composer update from the command line, if possible.

Otherwise Apache/Nginx will need an appropriate allocation of resources, in addition to the write permissions mentioned.

Thanks for these. I think I’m getting somewhere but ran into these next errors:

Update Failed
Composer\Util\Filesystem::normalizePath(): Argument #1 ($path) must be of type string, bool given, called in D:\sitefiles\projectname\vendor\composer\composer\src\Composer\Repository\FilesystemRepository.php on line 312

Update Failed: General Error. Status code: 500

Still working on this issue. Any advice would be great.
I managed to update composer and now its throwing a generic error:

PAGE ERROR

We’re sorry, but something went wrong and the page cannot be displayed.

Anyone?

Mitsu

in your .env file, set APP_DEBUG=true to see the error

1 Like

This worked! It help me discover a permissions error in the storage folder. It needed to be set to modify for the application pool identity. This fixed the entire problem. Site is back up! But still needs updates. I’ll try again when I catch my breath.

Thanks apinard!

1 Like