Using Tailor Entries within Static Pages

Hey there,

we love to setup Tailor models for our customers because it’s quicker than creating custom plugins for all content needs.

Also we’re heavily using Static Pages to create pages together with multi-site.
Since using Tailor we’ve found no easy way to use the Tailor model within the Static Pages.

Example: We’ve a tailor model for job offerings. Within a static page we’ve form fields where the editor should be able to select 1 or more jobs to display on the page.

Currently, we’re created a util class which renders the Tailor model into a options array. But I personally would love to have a record finder for such use-cases. Because it’s easier to use compared to a dropdown or taglist field.

Anyone has similar use-cases and a different approach?

Nobody has similar use-cases here? :slightly_frowning_face:

To be honest: I either use Pages or Tailor, but not both together. However, adding to a static page should be like any other model and an options array sounds like a good way to do it.

2 Likes

Hi @renick,

I have a very similar setup and I use a combination of repeater and dropdown in Pages.

Not so fancy as recordfinder but it works and clients are (mostly) happy with that.

With showSearch: true option on dropdown field it is quite easy to find a record.

PS: I register dropdown method in \app\Provider.php so I do not have to create separate plugin - probably not the best practice but it makes my life easier :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I create a “Customize” plugin for each customer, so each customer can have own logic.

But having the search is nice, thanks for the hint :slight_smile: