I have some buggy stuff going on in the admin dashboard after updating to October V3.2. Front end seems fine.
In my local environment everything is fine - running October V3.2.1. I have updated one production site, which is where I first saw the issues. To test further I created a site with a fresh install on a production server and am seeing the same issues.
- Clicking around the admin dashboard the navigation freezes up
- On a fresh install with the demo theme the ‘Blog’ menu opens and you can open a post item. There is no content and nothing happens when clicking through the content tabs. Same wth ‘Author’.
- The ‘Content’ menu item opens a front end page then bugs out and sometimes opens the backend page, sometimes not. There is a js error on framework-bundle.min.js, also a preload warning.
- The media manager page opens but no buttons work - just nothing happens.
- On the main settings screen everything opens but within settings pages most tabs don’t work.
- The ‘dashboard’ button is always ok and the ‘Editor’ page/files open as expected.
Servers are running nginx on Digital Ocean droplets, provisioned through Laravel Forge.
Maybe a server conflict? I have tested in multiple browsers, cleared cache, application and browser…
Sounds like a JS file might be missing or not loaded correctly. Do you see any console errors in the browser? Do you see any 404/errors in the network tab?
In the demo theme - when I click around the ‘Blog’ or ‘Content’ interfaces I am seeing some warnings, no errors.
The resource <URL> was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the
window's load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate `as` value and it is preloaded
There are 16 warning messages (referring to different .js files ) like this;
v70f29047 was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window's
load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate `as` value and it is preloaded intentionally.
There is also a warning referring to hook.js;
Audit usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform
If I click ‘Content’ from any pages except the dashboard home I get a 404 and a console error.
GET https://staging.responsiveweb.nz/backend/tailor/entries 404
Looks like its something in Tailor generated backend interfaces.
Hopefully this helps. I’m gonna remove the Tailor blueprints and see it the issues are resolved.
No problem. If you want us to take a look, get in contact here: Contact Us - October CMS
I’ll submit a support ticket.
Thanks for your help on this Sam.
Turns out the issue is not with October CMS but with Cloudflare’s RocketLoader messing with the js script references.
Disabled RocketLoader and the backend dashboard is running as expected.
If you need to run RocketLoader on your October v3 site see this tip and tricks topic for a few workarounds - OctoberCMS v3 and RocketLoader Work Around.